AIG Travel has announced ability to request packages from an selection of individual products to fit traveler’s needs. It is designed to provide agents with the ability to request packages to meet specific customer demands.
The new benefits were filed by AIG Travel affiliate National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and have been approved in 31 states.
Along with new package-building model, AIG is also adding individual benefits including:
• Name your family: Currently, there are policies in place that defines who is considered family whose death or illness may trigger coverage for a trip cancellation. With this new policy, the traveler can name people to include in this group.
• New trip cancellation benefits:
–Due to insufficient/excessive water levels: For those going on a cruise, the new product can cover travelers in case of flood or drought in the vacation area.
–Due to a wedding being canceled: When the bride or groom gets cold feet, this product will cover the insured if the trip is cancelled.
• Trip curtailment due to the mechanical breakdown of an owned or rented vehicle: If a vehicle breaks down, this coverage will safeguard the cost of lost vacation time while the vehicle is being replaced or repaired.
• Trip inconvenience coverage: This category introduces a variety of benefits to AIG’s current options. A fixed benefit amount is payable upon a stated inconvenience such as a closed or shut down theme park, beach, or other attractions, runway delays, and more.
AIG has also expanded coverage benefits for:
• Pet named perils: If a dog or cat is injured while traveling, the insured now has more options. This will also provide a benefit if the pet dies after the insurance is purchased but before the trip begins.
• Security evacuation coverage: Travelers can be removed from an unsafe or unstable situation, like political unrest or a natural disaster, with the cost covering up to a specific benefit level.